Thursday, July 1, 2010

Feeling Like a Kid Again

Just got back from the fireworks at Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood. What a great night it was, I felt like I was a little kid again as I sat and waited for the show to begin. There were hundreds of people, a DJ and all the food and junk you could pay for; my husband even discovered a new BBQ restaurant called Smokey Joe's in Teaneck.

My daughter was crying like a baby at the anticipation of the loud explosions in the sky, but she calmed down once my mother's iPod was cranked on high and blasting in her ears. After a few minutes she even turned around and watched the lights make magic in the sky. My son could care less as he played his new Lego Harry Potter game on his Nintendo DS.

Little children runing and playing; grown ups grooving to funky beats and politicians doing what they do....what is that exactly? All in all it was a great evening and just for a moment, sitting next to my mom watching her eyes light up, I felt like a little kid again!

Enjoy the video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive